Can anyone visit the field?
We love sharing our sport with the public! Everyone is welcome.
Should I bring my kids?
Your children are welcome but understand that we have no attractions for them. You will need to bring toys for them and have a responsible adult to supervise them at all times. You can’t hear a glider landing and the safety of your children is paramount.
What facilities do you have?
We have a modern club house with an elevated deck that provides a great view of the field. There are flush toilets, a refrigerator with soft drinks for sale, and a large room to get out of the sun. The room is reached by a flight of stairs. A washroom at ground level is available.
What should I bring with me?
- Camera Make sure that you bring your camera to take pictures before, during and after your flight.
- Hat and sunglasses for everyone in your party. There is limited shade at any glider club.
- Liquids (water, pop, Gatorade …) to keep you hydrated. There are some liquids for sale in the club house refrigerator.
- Food (sandwiches, fruit, snacks …) especially if you are staying over noon.
- Appropriate clothing It’s surprising how much colder it can be on an open field with a brisk wind. Extra clothing can be left in your vehicle but can’t be worn if left at home.
- Sun screen We always fly on sunny days!
- Folding chairs for each of you. Optional but advisable.
- Cash We cannot accept credit or debit cards at this time.
What should I leave at home?
A pet requires a lot of your attention and, if it gets free, can be very dangerous on an airfield.
What do I do when I get there?
- Park your vehicle in the gravel area between the hangar and the clubhouse building. Avoid parking on grass.
- Let us know that you are here. Introduce yourself to a member or use the walkie talkie on the picnic table by the hangar to contact us at the flight line or phone the flight line 519-661-7844
- Feel free to use the club house facilities, including the bathroom.
- Walk or hitch a ride on a golf cart to the flight line. Always walk on the edge of the field on the hangar side of the field.
- If anyone in your party must have a ride to the flight line, we will use the golf cart to help. You can purchase a Day Membership which includes an introductory flight.
- Enjoy the beautiful day!