Can anyone visit the field?
We love sharing our sport with the public! Everyone is welcome.
However, be prepared to spend several hours with us as you wait your turn to fly.
- Getting into and out of a glider is much like getting into and out of a narrow bath tub.
- It requires a certain amount of upper body strength, and to swing your leg up to about waist height to enter the glider.
- There is an upper weight limit of 230 pounds for glider passengers.
Should I bring my kids?
Your children are welcome but understand that we have no attractions for them. You will need to bring toys for them and have a responsible adult to supervise them at all times. You can’t hear a glider landing and the safety of your children is paramount.
What facilities do you have?
We have a modern club house with an elevated deck that provides a great view of the field. There are flush toilets, a refrigerator with soft drinks for sale, and a large room to get out of the sun. The room is reached by a flight of stairs. A washroom at ground level is available.
What should I bring with me?
- Camera Make sure that you bring your camera to take pictures before, during and after your flight.
- Hat and sunglasses for everyone in your party. There is limited shade at any glider club.
- Liquids (water, pop, Gatorade …) to keep you hydrated. There are some liquids for sale in the club house refrigerator.
- Food (sandwiches, fruit, snacks …) especially if you are staying over noon.
- Appropriate clothing It’s surprising how much colder it can be on an open field with a brisk wind. Extra clothing can be left in your vehicle but can’t be worn if left at home.
- Sun screen We always fly on sunny days!
- Folding chairs for each of you. Optional but advisable.
- Cash We cannot accept credit or debit cards at this time.
What should I leave at home?
A pet requires a lot of your attention and, if it gets free, can be very dangerous on an airfield.
What do I do when I get there?
- Park your vehicle in the gravel area between the hangar and the clubhouse building. Avoid parking on grass.
- Let us know that you are here. Introduce yourself to a member or use the walkie talkie on the picnic table by the hangar to contact us at the flight line or phone the flight line 519-661-7844
- Feel free to use the club house facilities, including the bathroom.
- Walk or hitch a ride on a golf cart to the flight line. Always walk on the edge of the field on the hangar side of the field.
- If anyone in your party must have a ride to the flight line, we will use the golf cart to help. You can purchase a Day Membership which includes an introductory flight.
- Enjoy the beautiful day!